The CSHEMA Bylaws are the governing rules by which the association operates. CSHEMA’s bylaws were last updated in 2018.
The following prompted the Board of Trustees to review the current Bylaws for potential changes:
- CSHEMA changed management companies in October 2020 which, in turn, changed the location of the Principal Office which is stated in our Bylaws.
- Increasingly, over the years, the Board of Trustees and the Principal Office have run into challenges interpreting membership category definitions, particularly as they relate to private companies and non-profit organizations wishing to join, market or collaborate with CSHEMA.
While working to address the above two issues, the Board of Trustees took on the challenge of tackling an in-depth review of the Bylaws in their entirety.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS?
CLICK HERE to submit any questions about the proposed changes.
** If you are one of the three designated Voting Members at your institution, you will be sent an email with a link to an electronic ballot where you will cast your vote. Voting will open on June 23, 2021 and close on July 13, 2021.
Bylaws amendment documents:
- Summary of Proposed Changes
- Clean version of the amended Bylaws
- Track changes version of the amended Bylaws
- Bylaws - 2018 Version
The Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA) is a not-for-profit association operating under the 501(c)3 rules of the United State Internal Revenue Service. Contributions or gifts to CSHEMA (Federal EIN 33-0010132) are deductible as charitable contributions for United States federal income tax purposes. Payments of membership dues may be deductible under section 162 of the Internal Revenue Code as an "ordinary and necessary business expense." For details, consult your tax professional.