The CSHEMA Safety Professional Award seeks to honor individual CSHEMA members who have made significant contributions in the field of safety.
Judges will be evaluating:
- Positive impacts made by the nominee
- Examples of how the nominee is influential in their career
- Organization and presentation of material for evaluation
The person should have made a positive change in the safety culture of their institution.
To be eligible to receive the award, the following requirements must be met:
- The nominee's institution must be a CSHEMA institutional member in good standing
- Must be a safety professional for 10 or more years
- The complete application must accompany a narrative
- Application must include the name of the member university and the nominee’s name, and a narrative that describes their lifetime achievements
- Submit a short narrative that can be read at the award ceremony if contacted about being the awarded nominee
The narrative may be no more than two double-spaced pages using a minimum font size of 12 points. Screenshots and photos may be included if it helps the evaluator understand the effort. Institutions may submit multiple entries.
- Entries must be received by March 1st.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entries will be one file, preferably PDF, and the file size should be as small as possible. Entries sent in any other format will not be accepted.
Members of the Awards and Recognition Committee will review entries for recognition. If the institution of an Awards and Recognition Committee member submits an application, the member shall recuse themselves from evaluating and voting. Recognition will be given for each category that meets the above criteria. The Award will be presented to the winning individual during the awards ceremony at the annual conference.
EVALUATION (100 POINTS POSSIBLE)
- 0–50 points – Measurable positive impacts made by the nominee
- 0–40 points – Examples of how the nominee is influential in their career
- 0–10 points – Organization and presentation of material for evaluation and review