The CSHEMA Excellence in Volunteerism Award seeks to honor individual CSHEMA members who go above and beyond in their communities of practice and/or committees, the board, or any special task force.
Judges will be evaluating:
- Issues solved by the nominee or major contributions to CSHEMA (impact to CSHEMA)
- Examples of volunteerism within CSHEMA
- What committees, communities, board, or task forces served on
- How long the nominee has volunteered with CSHEMA
- Organization and presentation of material for evaluation
The person should be an active volunteer in the CSHEMA community. The person should have made a positive change for CHSEMA membership or the CHSEMA organization or was able to help other institutions with a safety related problem or volunteered to help other institutions in times of need.
To be eligible to receive the award, the following requirements must be met:
- The nominee's institution must be a CSHEMA institutional member in good standing
- The complete application must accompany a narrative
- Application must include the name of the nominee, the committees served on, and examples of volunteerism
- Submit a short narrative that can be read at the award ceremony if contacted about being the awarded nominee
The narrative may be no more than two double-spaced pages using a minimum font size of 12 points. Screenshots and photos may be included if it helps the evaluator understand the effort. Institutions may submit multiple entries.
- Entries must be received by March 31.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entries will be one file, preferably PDF, and the file size should be as small as possible. Entries sent in any other format will not be accepted.
Members of the Awards and Recognition Committee and a representative from the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU) will review entries for recognition. If the institution of an Awards and Recognition Committee member submits an application, the member shall recuse themselves from evaluating and voting. Recognition will be given for each category that meets the above criteria.
Recognition award will be presented to the submitting institution's representative at the awards ceremony at the annual conference. CSHEMA will forward a letter of recognition to the institution and the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities. APLU will announce the award winners at the APLU Council on Research Summer Meeting following the CSHEMA annual conference.
Evaluation(100 Points Possible)
- 0–50 points – Examples of volunteerism
- 0-40 points – Impact on CSHEMA organization(s)
- 0-10 points – Time volunteered with CHSEMA