Since 1977, CSHEMA has sponsored an annual Fay M. Thompson Scholarship Award Program to encourage the study of safety and environmental management and promote careers in this field. The annual silent auction funds the scholarship.
Who is Fay M. Thompson, for whom the scholarship is named?
CLICK HERE to see a tribute by Bruce Backus, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Environmental Health and Safety
This year, we’re going to try something a bit creative. And whether you’re attending the conference or not, everyone can be involved, and all for a good cause!
We’re asking Institutions, departments or colleges within Institutions, or even individuals, to put together a ‘basket’ of items that would be of interest to a wide audience. Examples are:
- Food items from your state / region
- Themed items – sports / food or drink / attractions / relaxation
- Gift cards – usable in multiple cities/states
- One of your own creations if you’re creative or artsy
How it Works
- All baskets should be a minimum value of $30.
- The items don’t necessarily need to be ‘in a basket’ but do need to be displayed in such a way that a bidder will understand what they are considering.
- The creator of the basket is responsible for the cost of shipping of the items to the highest bidder.
As items come in, you can view them here.
The CSHEMA Silent Auction will open for bidding at 9am CDT on Wednesday, July 21st and will remain open until 6pm CDT on Wednesday, July 28th.